Bathroom Trends for your next Bathroom Remodel
Top 5 Bathroom Trends and Top 5 Tile Trends
Planning on remodeling a bathroom or building a new home? Here is a list of trends we have seen this year. With 19 years of remodeling experience and over 10 years in the bathroom and kitchen remodeling business, Attics to Basements Building and Renovations, presents the top trends for 2016 and will probably see them carry thru 2017.
Bathroom Trends for Your Home
- Trough Sinks – Although these sinks have been around for a while, the newer style has revived the sink to appeal our customers, with the brilliant style and function. Here is an example from Sonoma Cast Stone.
- Walk-In Showers with Shower Seats –Walk in showers have been popular the last few years but we have seen a big jump in our clients wanting to add this to their bathroom remodel. With no shower door or curtain to fit, clean or replace and the ease of not having to step over a curb makes this a highly desired “bucket list” item for our clients bathroom remodels.
- Geometric Accessories – Geometric bathroom accessories and fixtures, such as square cabinet door knobs and square faucets is a trend we have seen grow the last few years. The angular and square designs have an appeal that catches your eye. Shower heads, soap dishes, toilets and towel racks can all help carry a geometric feel throughout your bathroom remodel. Here is a Delta Faucet as an example.
- Open Shelving- Open shelving has become popular throughout the home and nothing beat the creative and functional uses for your bathroom. It is a great way to display or organize your bathroom essentials or to place pictures of your family, or display your candles. Here is an example of a open cubby in a bathroom remodel..
- Heated Floors – Who doesn’t like to wake up in the morning and not feel that jolt of cold on your feet? Heated floor tile is not only more comfortable but can be economical with the new thermostats that can be set to turn on before you wake up and turn off when you leave for work. There are many different ways to accomplish this but we will show one of the ones we use for our customers.
Tile Trends – From Daltile
- WOOD-LOOK TILE – Wood-look tile has already been established as a favorite and that won’t change. In fact, wood-look tile is looking better and better with each new product introduced. But the trend will shift slightly this year toward some creative uses of wood-look tile.
- SMOOTH CEMENT-LOOK TILE – Cement, like wood, isn’t a new idea for floors and walls. But this trend is going to hit its stride in 2016. It’s a look that doesn’t date itself so it’s here to stay.
- TAKE A LOOK AT BRICK – Brick-look tile is an easier to maintain option than actual brick and you’ll get the same look and feel. 2016 will see the classic Chicago loft look taken to the next level
- INTERPRET MARBLE IN A NEW WAY – The classic high-end look of marble is what everyone wants and in every imaginable format. Porcelain tile is ready to deliver.
- HIGHLIGHT WALL TILE – Wall tile isn’t limited to a backsplash anymore. It’s replacing paint and wallpaper as the favored wall covering in 2016.
Please visit Daltile for more great tile products.