Why choose Cambria for my home's countertops?
designing & remodeling homes in Minneapolis / st. paul, mn area for over 10 years.
Cambria is a solid surface countertop that has been around since 2000. This Minnesota based company, has an incredible track record for making an excellent countertop. So, what are the advantages to using it in your home. Please check out our Kitchen remodeling page.
- More Durable than Granite – Beauty endures with Cambria. Cambria surfaces are 93% pure quartz. Granite typically only contains 40–60% quartz, along with more porous, weaker minerals. That’s why granite is more susceptible to damage. Cambria’s durability also means you can be more creative with it.
- Safer – Cambria is made for those who truly love to cook. Because it’s nonporous and nonabsorbent, it won’t draw in moisture from raw or leftover food, which can harbor harmful bacteria. It gives off zero emissions, and no radon. There is no safer stone surface for food preparation, period
- Caring for Cambria Is Easy – Just use warm water and mild soap to clean. Unlike granite and marble, quartz doesn’t need periodic sealing, polishing or reconditioning. You won’t have to work with messy oils or dangerous chemicals—there’s no cost of upkeep for Cambria once it’s installed.
- Made in Minnesota – Nothing like keeping our hard-earned dollars right here in our country and locally in our great State of Minnesota.
Here are some of the finer details of Cambria countertops….
- Cambria is pure natural quartz. Variation in the natural quartz stone color, pattern, size, shape, and shade are unique and inherent characteristics of this product
- Color blotches are intended and created into many designs to enhance the natural beauty. Samples are small select cuts from a slab; they do not fully exhibit all the design characteristics of the final installed product. These variations do not affect performance and do not qualify for product replacement.
- Cambria is durable and more resistant to surface damage than other stone. However, all stone can be damaged by force and no stone is chip proof. Objects hitting edges, particularly at sinks or dishwashers, may cause chips. Though a minor knife slip will dull the knife and not harm Cambria, no stone surface is scratch proof. Surface markings are more visible on monotone designs than multi-colored design surfaces.
- Cambria is not a seamless product; seams are visible. Where there are seams the product pattern and shade will change.
- Natural stone surfaces can be damaged by sudden and/or rapid change of temperature, especially near the edges, as well as direct and/or sustained heating of the top. Cambria may not withstand the direct transfer of heat from pots and pans and other cooking units such as electric frying pans and griddles, slow cookers, roaster ovens, and heat lamps. Therefore, the use of a closed-weave hot pad or solid trivet like a bread board is always recommended to prevent heating the product.
- Cambria is not a structural support material and must be supported in every application. 2cm and 3cm thicknesses are for countertops; 1cm thicknesses are for horizontal and vertical surface finishes such as walls, tub and shower surrounds, fireplaces, and tub decks.
- Semi-polished finishes (1cm) will not shine, and will soil and appear to stain from soiling.
- Cambria installation is optimized when walls and cabinets are properly prepared for installation. This includes but is not limited to structurally sound, straight, level, and square walls and cabinets. Lack of which may cause poor installation and poor seam fit, or inconsistent countertop overhang and placement
Minneapolis / St. Paul, MN Home Remodeling Contractor